- Since 2006 MAITRI Charitable Trust has been the only organisation running the RNTCP program (Revised National TB Control Program) in Gaya District, and has been authorized by the Government of Bihar to run it on its behalf in 10 provinces (Bodhgaya, Mohanpur, Barachatti, Fatehpur, Tankuppa, Atri, Bathani, Mohra, Imamganj, and Dumaria), covering an area of approx 3,480 sq km, 1,238 villages, population 1,157,248.
- In May, 2006MAITRI signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the State Health Society (1) to set up and run a microscopy unit, (2) to run a drug distribution centre at its headquarters, (3) to organize and supervise a drug distribution network in 10 provinces.
- MAITRI has set up sputum collection points run by MAITRI field workers to ensure the laboratory testing and registration for the treatment of suspect cases residing in areas far from government microscopy units.
- In May, 2007 MAITRI has been entrusted by the State Health Society with the drug and logistics management for all government centres (PHCs) in Gaya District.
- In February, 2008 MAITRI signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the State Health Society for the added task of supervision of the RNTCP program in the entire district (7,941 sq. kms, 3,151 villages, population 3,996,282), including the setting-up of a thorough network of DOT providers and the carrying out of awareness drives.
- MAITRI has established a network of voluntary DOT Providers (Direct Observation Treatment) for the entire district.