Anti-tetanus immunization at the 7th month of pregnancy
- Since February, 2003 MAITRI provides weekly drop-in clinics as well as mobile clinics also for children from one to five years of age with other complaints.
- MAITRI provides children with free medicines, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients including milk.
- MAITRI child care program is focused on poorer children.
- MAITRI provides free clothing and food to those children most in need.
- MAITRI child care program employs a general doctor and local field staff.
Dr Suresh at Thursdays clinics
|MAITRI Mother and Child Care programs : measurable outcomes
- MAITRI has registered over 7,300 expectant women to date at its clinics.
- Over 5,600 healthy babies have been delivered thanks to prenatal care consisting of vitamin A/D, iron, iodized salt, and anti-tetanus vaccination.
- MAITRI treats severely malnourished little children below 1 year of age – 80%of which have been girls.
- MAITRI treats small children with other complaints.
- MAITRI treats small children with vital supplements and medicines.
- MAITRI provides children with vital milk formula and Ceralac in addition to nutritional supplements.
- The overwhelming majority of patients come from the lower castes such as Manjhis, Paswans, Chaudharies, and Ravidas.
MAITRI Mother and Child Care programs: the road ahead
- MAITRI is planning to build a mother and child Nursing Home at its headquarters.
- With your support pregnant women and new born children from rural areas can continue to receive basic health care including essential nutritional supplements.
- With your support more pregnant women and new born children, who currently do not have access to MAITRI’s program, will acquire a fundamental right – the right to have access to primary health care….
|With your support more small children, who are slowly dying because deprived of the basic milk diet and currently do not have access to MAITRI’s program, will acquire a fundamental right – the right to life…
MAITRI feels it is essential that the current service offered in the provinces of Bodhgaya, Mohanpur, and Barachatti be expanded to cover expectant mothers and children from the neighboring areas as well… with your help it can become a reality…